AmeriHome Mortgage Company, which is based in Thousand Oaks, California, provides mortgage financial services. The company serves clients across the U.S. AmeriHome is licensed to originate loans in 46 states. The company also buys and services loans in 49 states.
Do you have an AmeriHome mortgage loan? If so, you’ll want to ensure you make your AmeriHome mortgage payment by the due date. Read on to learn how to make mortgage payments.
These free online calculators will help you find out how much your monthly payment on AmeriHome Mortgage will be:
How to Pay AmeriHome Mortgage Bill Online Using Your Account
- First, go to amerihome.com. Once on the website, head to the upper right corner of the screen and select the “My Account” button.
- Select the “Make a Payment” button and then locate your loan. The systems will enable you to look for your loan either by keying in the loan number or your phone number.
- Type in either your AmeriHome loan number and click on Continue or key in the phone number connected to your AmeriHome account and click on Continue.
- Adhere to any other requests to complete your online payment.
Using Loan Servicing Website to Make AmeriHome Mortgage Online Payment
Another option to register your account for Amerihome mortgage payment is to use this loan servicing website, key in your login details, and then make your payment online. Here are the steps to register your account:
- Visit the website and press on the blue link titled “Register Your Account” which is situated on top of the login box.
- Key in your surname, social security number, birth date, and email address.
- Press on “Next.”
- Key in your telephone number, confirm your email address, and click on “Next.”
- Your next order of business is to verify your account. Specifically, you’ll have to select how you’d like to get a temporary identification code. You can receive it by email, text, or phone. You’ll get the code sent after you click “Continue.”
- Type in the 6-digit code that you were sent and then click “Next.”
- Click “Close” to move forward.
- You’ll next need to create your profile. To do this, you’ll need to enter your username and password. And you’ll need to confirm by re-entering your password.
After completing the aforementioned steps, you’ll be ready to access your account and make online payments.back to menu ↑
Log in to Your Account to Pay AmeriHome Mortgage Online
- Head over to AmeriHomeLoanAdministration.com.
- When you sign on to the website, your next payment due date will be clearly displayed.
- Select Payment information located on the dashboard or select the “Payments” button that is situated on the top left section of the screen.
- Once you arrive at the Make a Payment screen, your regularly scheduled payment will be displayed. Choose a Payment Method — by designating the bank account you want the money withdrawn from — in the event that you hadn’t done so.
- Enter the requested information and then click on “Save.”
- Select the “Submit Payment” button.
- Comb over the information and, once satisfied, select “Confirm Payment.”
- After making the appointment, click on “Done.”
AmeriHome Mortgage Questions and Answers
What home loan types does AmeriHome Mortgage offer?
AmeriHome offers conventional loans, VA loans, cash-out refinance loans, and FHA loans.
What is the AmeriHome Rewards program?
Once you have wrapped up an AmeriHome home loan, you will realize savings of $1,095 on the origination expenses for any and all loans for any property going forward. In order to meet the criteria for this special offer, you must have financed a loan with AmeriHome in the past. You cannot combine this offer with any other offers, and it isn’t available for any VA Interest Rate Reduction Refinance (VA IRRRL) or FHA Streamline Refinance transactions.
What should I do if I forget my Username?
Visit the loan servicing website and select Forgot Username at the bottom of the screen. Key in your SSN and email address, and select “Recover.” You’ll receive an email detailing more steps.
What should I do if I forget my Password?
Visit the loan servicing website and select Forgot Password. Type in your username, SSN, and email address. Click “Recover.” Follow any other steps required.back to menu ↑
AmeriHome Mortgage Customer Service
Customer Service for Existing Accounts Phone Number: 888.469.0810 (Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM Pacific)
Mortgage Application and Status Phone Number: 844.272.5617
Consumer Support Email Address: [email protected]
Company Headquarters Address:
1 Baxter Way, Suite 300
Thousand Oaks, CA 91362-3888
AmeriHome Social Media Linksback to menu ↑
How to Avoid Late AmeriHome Mortgage Payments
When you do get approved for an Amerihome mortgage loan, you’ll want to avoid any late payments. Here are a few tips that will help you steer clear of making untimely payments.
Sign Up for AmeriHome Auto-Pay
Your first order of business is to set up an automatic payment option, and you can do this either through your bank or through your lender. You’ll want to go with the most ideal option for you.
Auto-Pay – the Pros
- You can avoid late payments and any resulting late fees. This will, in turn, ensure a healthy credit score.
- You can do your part to protect the environment with paperless billing.
- You won’t have to deal with any expenses relating to postage as you won’t need an envelope or a stamp, and you won’t have to fill out a check since auto-pay is done via electronic funds transfer.
- You will save time since auto-pay is convenient. No more will you have to take the time to sit down, write up a check, write your address and the address of the mortgage lender on the envelope, put on a stamp, and put the envelope in the mail. With auto-pay, you can automate the entire process of paying bills.
Auto-Pay – the Negatives
- You could, if you’re not monitoring the inflows and outflows of money in your bank account, overdraw your account. In order to avoid any problems, just keep track of how much you have in your account at all times.
- You could potentially overlook things like errors, interest rate hikes, or other hidden fees. This can be avoided by simply making it a habit to go over your bill.
- You could fail to stay on top of things such as the amount owing or the amount you’re paying monthly. As has been mentioned, you can steer clear of such problems by checking into your account regularly. This will help you to know when it might be a good idea to make additional payments to reduce the principal quicker.
Sign Up for Alerts and Reminders
Receiving a notification for an upcoming bill payment can make all the difference. You can get this by using an app, by getting your mortgage company to send an alert or reminder by email, or even by using Google calendar. You’ll be able to avoid late payments by doing so.
Set Up a Bill Pay Day
Another option is to purposefully schedule a period of the month when you can commit to making bill payments. When you go this route and have a system in place, you will avoid late payments.back to menu ↑
What to Do if I Made a Late AmeriHome Mortgage Payment
It’s a good idea to avoid a late AmeriHome Mortgage payment at all costs, but mistakes sometimes happen. While you don’t want to be too hard on yourself if this happens, you need to consider possible consequences. Case in point: you could see your credit score take a hit if you don’t make payments on schedule. Also keep in mind that a late AmeriHome Mortgage payment may remain on your credit report for as many as seven years, which would adversely impact your credit score. What follows is a look at 3 proven strategies you can use to have late mortgage payment information scrubbed from your credit report.
Option #1: Contact AmeriHome Mortgage and Make Request
Reach out to your lender by phone right away, and acknowledge that your payment was submitted past the deadline. It’s important to admit you were in error. Let them know when they can expect payment. They may be willing to delete your late payment data so that your creditworthiness doesn’t suffer.
Option #2: Write Them a Letter
The next option at your disposal is to write a letter, known as a goodwill letter, to AmeriHome. In the letter, you’ll want to specifically and respectfully request a removal. Do these 2 things in the letter:
- Demonstrate that you accept that the situation was caused by you.
- Guarantee that there will be no repeat of the delinquent behavior going forward.
What follows is a sample letter template you can use as inspiration:
[Your first and last name] [your address] [your account number]
To Whom It May Concern:
I appreciate your taking the time to read my letter. The reason for this correspondence is that I found on my latest credit report a late payment listed on [date] for my [name of account] account. I’m aware of the importance of making timely payments and meeting my financial commitments. But due to [situation that led to the missed payment], I unintentionally missed the payment due date. Although I missed the deadline, I have since then taken measures to ensure this does not happen again. Specifically, I’ve [explain what has changed that will prevent any additional late payments]. Since my missed payment, I have had a flawless record of making payments on time.
One reason I’m making this request is that my intention is to apply for a [loan, credit card, etc], and I’ve come to understand that the missed payment reflected on my credit report could jeopardize my objective. Given the fact that my single late payment does not adequately reflect my creditworthiness and intention to abide by my financial obligations, I would be grateful if you would make a goodwill adjustment. This would delete my late payment on [date] and enable me to obtain a [loan, credit card, etc.) and to secure a better rate.
I appreciate your considering this matter, and I hope you will grant my request.