BB&T, which stands for Branch Banking & Trust, is a bank and mortgage lender. In December 2019, the company combined with SunTrust Bank to create Truist. So the financial institution is now called “BB&T now, Truist.”
Before you turn to the possible ways to pay your BB&T Mortgage, find out how much your monthly payment will be on your home loan. These free online calculators can assist you in doing this:
Use Online Banking to Pay BB&T Mortgage
If you wish to make your mortgage loan payment online, you’ll need to sign up for online banking. Here are the steps to do so:
- Navigate to the BB&T website and select the “Login” button that is situated in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select the “Enroll now” link located beneath the login box.
- Select “Personal Online Banking” and press “Enroll Now”.
- Choose your account type.
- Type in your account number, SSN, zip code, and email address. Select “Continue”.
- Choose a password and enter the requested information.
Sign On to Online Banking to Pay BB&T Mortgage Bill Online
- Visit the BB&T website and tap on the “Login” button located in the top right corner of the screen.
- In the login box that appears on the screen, type in your user ID and password, and then click on “Log In”.
- Go to the mortgage payment area, type in your payment information, review what you’ve typed in, and send your payment after you’ve confirmed that your information is correct.
BB&T Automatic Draft
You can establish, alter, or delete automatic draft information using BB&T’s Loan Servicing Center. Go to BBT.com and then go to the Loan Servicing Center section via your mortgage loan account.
Another option is to fill out the draft authorization form before mailing it or faxing it to the following address or fax number:
PO Box 1868
Greenville, SC 29602-1868
Fax Number: 252-293-9056
You may also wish to attach a void check or a deposit slip in order to facilitate the verification of your account information.back to menu ↑
Use Mobile App to Pay BB&T Mortgage
In order to initiate online banking, you will need an online banking user ID and password. You’ll also have to choose your security questions and answers. After doing so, you can download the mobile app to your smartphone or tablet. Another option is to use your mobile browser to go to BBT.com before logging in with your online banking credentials. Here are the links for the app:
You can use the mobile app to send bill payments either view electronic funds or through paper checks.
In order to make a mobile banking payment, you need to add recipients to the “Payments” section. Then select the intended recipient, choose the saving and checking account you want to pay from, choose the day you want to send it, select the payment amount, and type in the frequency. Select “Continue”, check to make sure the information is accurate, and choose “Submit”.back to menu ↑
Other Ways to Pay BB&T Mortgage
If you wish to make a payment over the phone, dial 800-295-5744 to speak to someone in the customer service department. You can get a hold of a staff member Monday through Friday, from 8:30 am to 7 pm ET.
What follows are the mailing instructions depending on whether you have a coupon book or a statement.
Send your payment with payment coupon to:
BB&T Mortgage Payment Center
PO Box 580022
Charlotte, NC 28258-0022
Send your payment with billing statement to:
BB&T Mortgage Payment Center
PO Box 580302
Charlotte, NC 28258-0302
Make your payment in person at any of BB&T locations.back to menu ↑
BB&T Mortgage Q&A
- What do I do if I forget my user ID or password?
- After a bill payment, when are the funds withdrawn from my account?
BB&T has two bill payment systems in place:
- Electronic: Checks are withdrawn from your account on the “Deliver By” date. They are then held for 2 business days.
- Paper Check: A paper check is sent by US mail. The funds are taken out of your account once the recipient deposits the check.
- How far in advance am I able to make a payment?
You can do so for as much as one calendar year in advance.
- Is there a maximum payment amount?
The maximum payment amount is $100,000.
- Am I allowed to cancel a payment that hasn’t been sent to the recipient yet?
Yes, you can. Non-processed payments can be terminated up to 7 pm ET on the send date.back to menu ↑
BB&T Mortgage Customer Service
General Account Information: 800-226-5228
Mortgage Help: 800-295-5744
Online Banking Help: 888-228-6654
Fraud or Identity Theft Suspect: 800-226-5228
Credit Report Disputes:
BB&T Retail Lending
Attn: Credit Dispute Department
PO Box 1847
Wilson, NC 27894
Complaints: [email protected]
Visit a Branch: https://www.bbt.com/locator/search.htmlback to menu ↑
BB&T Mortgage Social Media Links
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/bb&tback to menu ↑
What to Do if I Made a Late BB&T Mortgage Payment
It’s a good idea to avoid a late BB&T Mortgage payment at all costs, but mistakes sometimes happen. While you don’t want to be too hard on yourself if this happens, you need to consider possible consequences. Case in point: you could see your credit score take a hit if you don’t make payments on schedule. Also keep in mind that a late BB&T Mortgage payment may remain on your credit report for as many as seven years, which would adversely impact your credit score. What follows is a look at 3 proven strategies you can use to have late mortgage payment information scrubbed from your credit report.
Option #1: Contact BB&T Mortgage and Make Request
Reach out to your lender by phone right away, and acknowledge that your payment was submitted past the deadline. It’s important to admit you were in error. Let them know when they can expect payment. They may be willing to delete your late payment data so that your creditworthiness doesn’t suffer.
Option #2: Write Them a Letter
The next option at your disposal is to write a letter, known as a goodwill letter, to BB&T Mortgage. In the letter, you’ll want to specifically and respectfully request a removal. Do these 2 things in the letter:
- Demonstrate that you accept that the situation was caused by you.
- Guarantee that there will be no repeat of the delinquent behavior going forward.
What follows is a sample letter template you can use as inspiration:
[Your first and last name] [your address] [your account number]
To Whom It May Concern:
I appreciate your taking the time to read my letter. The reason for this correspondence is that I found on my latest credit report a late payment listed on [date] for my [name of account] account. I’m aware of the importance of making timely payments and meeting my financial commitments. But due to [situation that led to the missed payment], I unintentionally missed the payment due date. Although I missed the deadline, I have since then taken measures to ensure this does not happen again. Specifically, I’ve [explain what has changed that will prevent any additional late payments]. Since my missed payment, I have had a flawless record of making payments on time.
One reason I’m making this request is that my intention is to apply for a [loan, credit card, etc], and I’ve come to understand that the missed payment reflected on my credit report could jeopardize my objective. Given the fact that my single late payment does not adequately reflect my creditworthiness and intention to abide by my financial obligations, I would be grateful if you would make a goodwill adjustment. This would delete my late payment on [date] and enable me to obtain a [loan, credit card, etc.) and to secure a better rate.
I appreciate your considering this matter, and I hope you will grant my request.
Option #3: Make Them an Offer
Another option is to contact BB&T Mortgage and make them an offer they can’t refuse. Lenders prefer to have people opt for automatic payments – so that payments are made on time, all the time. If you’re willing to sign up, the lender might be persuaded to scrub the late payment from your credit report as a goodwill gesture. The lender may, if you do not wish to sign on for automatic payments, recommend another way for you to potentially get your late payment erased from your credit report.back to menu ↑
How to Avoid Late BB&T Mortgage Payments
When you do get approved for a BB&T Mortgage loan, you’ll want to avoid any late payments. Here are a few tips that will help you steer clear of making untimely payments.
Tip #1: Sign Up for Auto-Pay
Your first order of business is to set up an automatic payment option, and you can do this either through your bank or through your lender. You’ll want to go with the most ideal option for you.
Auto-Pay – the Pros
- You can avoid late payments and any resulting late fees. This will, in turn, ensure a healthy credit score.
- You can do your part to protect the environment with paperless billing.
- You won’t have to deal with any expenses relating to postage as you won’t need an envelope or a stamp, and you won’t have to fill out a check since auto-pay is done via electronic funds transfer.
- You will save time since auto-pay is convenient. No more will you have to take the time to sit down, write up a check, write your address and the address of the mortgage lender on the envelope, put on a stamp, and put the envelope in the mail. With auto-pay, you can automate the entire process of paying bills.
Auto-Pay – the Negatives
- You could, if you’re not monitoring the inflows and outflows of money in your bank account, overdraw your account. In order to avoid any problems, just keep track of how much you have in your account at all times.
- You could potentially overlook things like errors, interest rate hikes, or other hidden fees. This can be avoided by simply making it a habit to go over your bill.
- You could fail to stay on top of things such as the amount owing or the amount you’re paying monthly. As has been mentioned, you can steer clear of such problems by checking into your account regularly. This will help you to know when it might be a good idea to made additional payments to reduce the principal quicker.
Tip #2: Sign Up for Alerts and Reminders
Receiving a notification for an upcoming bill payment can make all the difference. You can get this by using an app, by getting your mortgage company to send an alert or reminder by email, or even by using Google calendar. You’ll be able to avoid late payments by doing so.
Tip #3: Set Up a Bill Pay Day
Another option is to purposefully schedule a period of the month when you can commit to making bill payments. When you go this route and have a system in place, you will avoid late BB&T Mortgage payments.