Keeping up with your mortgage payment is one of the most crucial financial duties you’ll have to complete every month. Making sure you pay your Essex mortgage payment on time each month will help guarantee that your credit score remains strong. A variety of payment methods are available to you when it comes time to make your Essex mortgage payment – whether you like to pay with a check or a credit card. Learn about Essex’s various mortgage payment options by reading this article.
These free online calculators can help you to find out how much your monthly payment on Cardinal Financial Mortgage will be:
Create an Online Account to Make Your Essex Mortgage Payment
Customers are already using the internet to pay for a growing range of services, and this is no exception to that trend. If you have an account with Essex Mortgage Corporation, you may quickly make your mortgage payment from the convenience of your own home, making it easier than ever before. To create your Essex mortgage online account, follow the steps below:
- Open your web browser and click following link: https://www.essexmortgage.com/myaccount
- Go to the ACCOUNT ACCESS section and click on the My First Mortgage Login button
- Navigate your cursor to the login tab on the right of your screen and click on the Register Your Account link. The link is below the Don’t have an account yet? Title below the LOGIN button.
- Enter the following details:
- Your Last Name
- Your Social Security Number
- The Property ZIP code
- Click on the Next button
- Essex usually requires more information about you before they can redirect you to the registration page. All this is to verify that you have an Essex mortgage account.
- Your Essex Loan Number
- Your Social Security Number
- Click the FIND MY LOAN button
Set Up Your Essex Account
- Once Essex verifies that you are a legit mortgage borrower, you can move to the next step of the registration process, which involves setting up your account. To set up your account, you need to provide the information below:
- Your First Name
- Last Name
- Your Username. You are free to choose whichever username you may like. Only make sure you remember it every time you log in to your account. You can make it your name and add a few letters or words.
- Password. Type in an 8 to 11-digit code for your account security. Follow the requirements:
- Should have upper and lowercase letters combined
- It should also have special characters like #&$%
- Re-type your password to ensure you’ve got the right one.
- Choose between the security questions and provide the correct answers to help you when you do not access your account.
- Your Email address.
- Select the alerts you would like to receive from Essex by checking the relevant boxes.
- Check your email for an account activation link. Once you click on the link, you have your account ready.
Log into Your Account to Make Essex Mortgage Payment
You’ll receive mortgage alerts through email or text message. To log in to your Essex mortgage online account, follow the instructions below:
- Enter the following URL: https://www.essexmortgage.com/myaccount
- Hit the My First Mortgage Login button
- Enter the following details:
- Your Username
- Your Password
- If you are using your device, check the Remember my username box. That ensures you have an easy time logging in next time. You won’t have to re-enter your login details.
- Read the terms and conditions and check the box.
- Click on the LOGIN button.
Other Essex Mortgage Payment Options
Many consumers find it’s not always easy to make monthly mortgage payments on time, but there are several options available to help. By leveraging these options, you can help ensure that your mortgage payments are up-to-date and on time. This allows you to avoid costly penalties, poor credit scores, and other problems.
Pay by Mail
Essex clients can mail their monthly mortgage payments. So if you prefer this option, send your check to:
P.O. Box 105178
Atlanta, GA 30348-5178
ATTN: Lockbox 105178 Services – Essex
3585 Atlanta Avenue
Hapeville, GA 30354-1705
Second or Jumbo Mortgage:
2100 SE 17th Street #112
Ocala, FL 34471back to menu ↑
Essex Mortgage Payment Questions and Answers
When can I expect to receive my first billing statement?
Your first billing statement will appear around 15 days before the due date for submitting your first installment. Besides the amount owed, the billing statement contains information on the transaction due date and the mailing address to which you need to make your payment to complete the transaction.
You can reach Essex mortgage services at 888-892-0881 if you haven’t received your billing statement within a reasonable amount of time.
Is it possible to change or cancel my Essex mortgage payment online?
You can cancel or amend paid invoices that you have scheduled on the internet and show the Scheduled status. You cannot change the payments that the company has marked as Pending or already processed.
Do you have the option to pay a different amount than the Amount Due shown on the screen?
Yes. In the Pay box, a drop-down menu opens; select the “Different Amount” option from the list that appears. You can enter the sum you decide to pay in the box. When you receive the confirmation page, Essex will show the amount you are paying, and it will display the total you are paying when you click on the “Pay” button.
Is there a grace period for clients of Essex mortgage services?
If your Essex mortgage bill is due and you cannot make it, Essex will extend a 15-day time window to accommodate you. The fact that you submitted your loan balance late does not result in any penalties during this period.back to menu ↑
What to Do if I Made a Late Essex Mortgage Payment
It’s a good idea to avoid a late Essex mortgage payment at all costs, but mistakes sometimes happen. While you don’t want to be too hard on yourself if this happens, you need to consider possible consequences. Case in point: you could see your credit score take a hit if you don’t make payments on schedule. Also keep in mind that late mortgage payments may remain on your credit report for as many as seven years, which would adversely impact your credit score. What follows is a look at 3 proven strategies you can use to have late mortgage payment information scrubbed from your credit report.
Option #1: Contact Essex Mortgage and Make Request
Reach out to Essex mortgage by phone right away, and acknowledge that your payment was submitted past the deadline. It’s important to admit you were in error. Let them know when they can expect payment. They may be willing to delete your late payment data so that your creditworthiness doesn’t suffer.
Option #2: Write Them a Letter
The next option at your disposal is to write a letter, known as a goodwill letter, to Essex Mortgage. In the letter, you’ll want to specifically and respectfully request a removal. Do these 2 things in the letter:
- Demonstrate that you accept that the situation was caused by you.
- Guarantee that there will be no repeat of the delinquent behavior going forward.
What follows is a sample letter template you can use as inspiration:
[Your first and last name] [your address] [your account number]
To Whom It May Concern:
I appreciate your taking the time to read my letter. The reason for this correspondence is that I found on my latest credit report a late payment listed on [date] for my [name of account] account. I’m aware of the importance of making timely payments and meeting my financial commitments. But due to [situation that led to the missed payment], I unintentionally missed the payment due date. Although I missed the deadline, I have since then taken measures to ensure this does not happen again. Specifically, I’ve [explain what has changed that will prevent any additional late payments]. Since my missed payment, I have had a flawless record of making payments on time.
One reason I’m making this request is that my intention is to apply for a [loan, credit card, etc], and I’ve come to understand that the missed payment reflected on my credit report could jeopardize my objective. Given the fact that my single late payment does not adequately reflect my creditworthiness and intention to abide by my financial obligations, I would be grateful if you would make a goodwill adjustment. This would delete my late payment on [date] and enable me to obtain a [loan, credit card, etc.) and to secure a better rate.
I appreciate your considering this matter, and I hope you will grant my request.
Option #3: Make Them an Offer
Another option is to contact Essex Mortgage and make them an offer they can’t refuse. Lenders prefer to have people opt for automatic payments – so that payments are made on time, all the time. If you’re willing to sign up, the lender might be persuaded to scrub the late payment from your credit report as a goodwill gesture. Essex Mortgage may, if you do not wish to sign on for automatic payments, recommend another way for you to potentially get your late payment erased from your credit report.back to menu ↑
How to Avoid Late Essex Mortgage Payments
When you do get approved for a Essex Mortgage loan, you’ll want to avoid any late payments. Here are a few tips that will help you steer clear of making untimely payments.
Tip #1: Sign Up for Auto-Pay
Your first order of business is to set up an automatic payment option, and you can do this either through your bank or through your lender. You’ll want to go with the most ideal option for you.
- You can avoid late payments and any resulting late fees. This will, in turn, ensure a healthy credit score.
- You can do your part to protect the environment with paperless billing.
- You won’t have to deal with any expenses relating to postage as you won’t need an envelope or a stamp, and you won’t have to fill out a check since auto-pay is done via electronic funds transfer.
- You will save time since auto-pay is convenient. No more will you have to take the time to sit down, write up a check, write your address and the address of the mortgage lender on the envelope, put on a stamp, and put the envelope in the mail. With auto-pay, you can automate the entire process of paying bills.
- You could, if you’re not monitoring the inflows and outflows of money in your bank account, overdraw your account. In order to avoid any problems, just keep track of how much you have in your account at all times.
- You could potentially overlook things like errors, interest rate hikes, or other hidden fees. This can be avoided by simply making it a habit to go over your bill.
- You could fail to stay on top of things such as the amount owing or the amount you’re paying monthly. As has been mentioned, you can steer clear of such problems by checking into your account regularly. This will help you to know when it might be a good idea to made additional payments to reduce the principal quicker.
Tip #2: Sign Up for Alerts and Reminders
Receiving a notification for an upcoming bill payment can make all the difference. You can get this by using an app, by getting your mortgage company to send an alert or reminder by email, or even by using Google calendar. You’ll be able to avoid late payments by doing so
Tip #3: Set Up a Bill Pay Day
Another option is to purposefully schedule a period of the month when you can commit to making bill payments. When you go this route and have a system in place, you will avoid late Essex mortgage payments.back to menu ↑
Essex Mortgage Address:
2200 W. Orangewood Ave. Ste. 150
Orange, CA 92868
Essex Mortgage Email Address: [email protected]
Essex Customer Service:
Insurance Claims Center:
Essex Insurance Address:
PO Box 29411
Phoenix, AZ 85038-9411back to menu ↑
Social Media Links