NewRez (formerly New Penn Financial) is your direct-to-consumer mortgage lender in Fort Washington, PA. Read on, to learn how to make your NewRez mortgage payment online, in just a few steps – whether it is for your home purchase loan, refinance loan, as well as construction loans, including primary homes, vacation homes, and investment properties. See how easy making your NewRez mortgage payment can be.
These free online calculators will help you find out how much your monthly payment on NewRez Mortgage will be:
How to Pay Your NewRez Mortgage Bill Online
To pay your NewRez Mortgage bill online, you’ll need an account. Follow these instructions.
Create Your NewRez Online Account
- Go to newrez.com. On the top right side of the homepage, click “Sign In”.
2. Click “NewRez Sign In” on the left side of this page.
- To set up your account, click – “Not registered? Create your ezHub account”, or click this link.
- Fill in:
- username (you create)
- email to be associated with your account
- When you’re done, click on “Create an Account.”
- You will receive a confirming email. Enter the code supplied in the space provided; click “Confirm.”
You have verified your account; you can now sign in.
Log in to Your NewRez Account to Pay NewRez Mortgage Online
- Click the link – login.newrez.com/account.
- Use the sign-in information you created. Enter:
- Click “Sign In”; you will be taken to your account.
Your account is now active. Easily make your NewRez mortgage payments, and use all the other features.back to menu ↑
Download the NewRez Mobile App to Easily Pay Your Mortgage
The NewRez Mobile app lets you manage your mortgage account from anywhere. Just download the app on your smartphone, and sign in just like you would at NewRez.com. It’s an easy download from the App Store or Google Play. Make a one-time payment on the go, with the NewRez Mobile App.back to menu ↑
NewRez Mortgage Questions and Answers
What is PMI?
Private Mortgage Insurance – you will likely need it if your down payment is less than 20%. NewRez can help get your PMI, through a private insurance company. The important thing about PMI is that it protects against the stoppage of mortgage payments.
How much does PMI cost?
There are a number of factors that go into calculating the cost of PMI, including the sizes of mortgage and down payment, amortization period, and borrower’s credit rating.
Example: Say your credit score is 739 and you make a 5% down payment on a $200,000 conventional mortgage. A typical PMI might cost about $185 per month.
How is PMI calculated?
NewRez will take your total annual PMI, divide it by 12, and charge it on a monthly basis. It becomes part of your mortgage payment but is listed separately on your monthly mortgage statement, under “Insurance.”
How much does a home appraisal cost?
The factors that go into determining the cost of a home appraisal include the property location and also the type of property. Thus, the cost of an appraisal will vary, but a typical range for a home purchase would be $420 to $700. Usually, it’s the buyer that pays for the appraisal as part of the mortgage application process. Some lenders require that it is paid for up front; others might lump it in with the other closing costs.
What to do if I forgot my password?
Go to NewRez login page and select “Forgot Password”. Enter your username to continue. Once your identity has been verified, you will be asked to update your login data.
What can I do if I forgot my username?
Visit NewRez login page and select “Forgot Username”. Enter your email to continue. Click on the “Send Email” button. You’ll be able to restore your username.back to menu ↑
NewRez Customer Service
Customer Service Toll-free Phone: +1 (866) 317-2347
Customer Service Toll-free Fax: +1 (866) 467-1137
Customer Service Form: https://www.newrez.com/contact-us/
Company Support Email Address: [email protected]
Website Accessibility Email: [email protected]
NEWREZ LLC NMLS# 3013
1100 Virginia Drive, Suite 125
Fort Washington PA 19034
NewRez Social Media Links
Twitter: https://twitter.com/newrezhq?lang=enback to menu ↑
How to Avoid Late NewRez Mortgage Payments
When you do get approved for a NewRez mortgage loan, you’ll want to avoid any late payments. Here are a few tips that will help you steer clear of making untimely payments.
Sign Up for NewRez Auto-Pay
Your first order of business is to set up an automatic payment option, and you can do this either through your bank or through your lender. You’ll want to go with the most ideal option for you.
Auto-Pay – the Pros
- You can avoid late payments and any resulting late fees. This will, in turn, ensure a healthy credit score.
- You can do your part to protect the environment with paperless billing.
- You won’t have to deal with any expenses relating to postage as you won’t need an envelope or a stamp, and you won’t have to fill out a check since auto-pay is done via electronic funds transfer.
- You will save time since auto-pay is convenient. No more will you have to take the time to sit down, write up a check, write your address and the address of the mortgage lender on the envelope, put on a stamp, and put the envelope in the mail. With auto-pay, you can automate the entire process of paying bills.
Auto-Pay – the Negatives
- You could, if you’re not monitoring the inflows and outflows of money in your bank account, overdraw your account. In order to avoid any problems, just keep track of how much you have in your account at all times.
- You could potentially overlook things like errors, interest rate hikes, or other hidden fees. This can be avoided by simply making it a habit to go over your bill.
- You could fail to stay on top of things such as the amount owing or the amount you’re paying monthly. As has been mentioned, you can steer clear of such problems by checking into your account regularly. This will help you to know when it might be a good idea to make additional payments to reduce the principal quicker.
Sign Up for Alerts and Reminders
Receiving a notification for an upcoming bill payment can make all the difference. You can get this by using an app, by getting your mortgage company to send an alert or reminder by email, or even by using Google calendar. You’ll be able to avoid late payments by doing so.
Set Up a Bill Pay Day
Another option is to purposefully schedule a period of the month when you can commit to making bill payments. When you go this route and have a system in place, you will avoid late payments.back to menu ↑
What to Do if I Made a Late NewRez Mortgage Payment
It’s a good idea to avoid a late NewRez Mortgage payment at all costs, but mistakes sometimes happen. While you don’t want to be too hard on yourself if this happens, you need to consider possible consequences. Case in point: you could see your credit score take a hit if you don’t make payments on schedule. Also keep in mind that a late NewRez Mortgage payment may remain on your credit report for as many as seven years, which would adversely impact your credit score. What follows is a look at 3 proven strategies you can use to have late mortgage payment information scrubbed from your credit report.
Option #1: Contact NewRez Mortgage and Make Request
Reach out to your lender by phone right away, and acknowledge that your payment was submitted past the deadline. It’s important to admit you were in error. Let them know when they can expect payment. They may be willing to delete your late payment data so that your creditworthiness doesn’t suffer.
Option #2: Write Them a Letter
The next option at your disposal is to write a letter, known as a goodwill letter, to NewRez. In the letter, you’ll want to specifically and respectfully request a removal. Do these 2 things in the letter:
- Demonstrate that you accept that the situation was caused by you.
- Guarantee that there will be no repeat of the delinquent behavior going forward.
What follows is a sample letter template you can use as inspiration:
[Your first and last name] [your address] [your account number]
To Whom It May Concern:
I appreciate your taking the time to read my letter. The reason for this correspondence is that I found on my latest credit report a late payment listed on [date] for my [name of account] account. I’m aware of the importance of making timely payments and meeting my financial commitments. But due to [situation that led to the missed payment], I unintentionally missed the payment due date. Although I missed the deadline, I have since then taken measures to ensure this does not happen again. Specifically, I’ve [explain what has changed that will prevent any additional late payments]. Since my missed payment, I have had a flawless record of making payments on time.
One reason I’m making this request is that my intention is to apply for a [loan, credit card, etc], and I’ve come to understand that the missed payment reflected on my credit report could jeopardize my objective. Given the fact that my single late payment does not adequately reflect my creditworthiness and intention to abide by my financial obligations, I would be grateful if you would make a goodwill adjustment. This would delete my late payment on [date] and enable me to obtain a [loan, credit card, etc.) and to secure a better rate.
I appreciate your considering this matter, and I hope you will grant my request.