Who is RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing?
In 2007, RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing Corporation opened its doors just before the Great Recession. Today, RoundPoint is a successful Freedom Mortgage family member — one of the largest, fully integrated, non-bank mortgage servicing companies in America.
With offices in Fort Mill, SC, and Dallas, TX, RoundPoint offers mortgage and origination and asset management services. If you have a mortgage loan with RoundPoint, this article explains your best, most convenient ways to make your RoundPoint mortgage payment.
These free online calculators will help you find out how much your monthly payment on RoundPoint Mortgage will be:
Making a RoundPoint Mortgage Payment Online
It’s important for your credit rating and your financial health to make your RoundPoint mortgage payments on time. The easiest way to pay is online.
Here is how you create your online account
- Visit roundpointmortgage.com and look for the “Create An Account” button, or click on this link: Create An Account.
- To register, please provide the following:
- Username and Password under Login Information
- Loan number, SSN, email under Personal Information
- Three verification questions (and answers) under Security Information
- Remember to press “submit” after verifying your account!
Now you can make a RoundPoint mortgage payment by logging into your online account
- Enter your username and password into your online account here: Log In.
- After you log in, click on the “Make A Payment” button.
There is no service charge to make your RoundPoint Mortgage Payment online. You can make a one-time payment or set up convenient recurring payments. The company emails you each month with a payment date reminder for recurring payments, and you can change or cancel the service.back to menu ↑
Making a RoundPoint Mortgage Payment Through Online Banking
If you do electronic banking, you can set up RoundPoint mortgage payments that way. Please include your RoundPoint loan number as a reference on e-transfers.back to menu ↑
Other Options for RoundPoint Mortgage Payments
By Phone at 877-426-8805
RoundPoint offers two payment methods by Phone at 877-426-8805, but please note a service fee is involved:
- Our Automated Phone System takes one-time payments or recurring payments for a $10 service fee.
- Our Live Customer Service Representatives accept your payments for a $12 service fee.
The company accepts checks or money orders by mail with no service fee. Submit payment to one of the following addresses (again, this payment option is free):
RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing Corporation
PO Box 674150 Dallas, TX 75267-4150
RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing Corporation
ATTN: Lockbox 674150
4400 Amon Carter Blvd., Suite 110
Fort Worth, TX 76155.
RoundPoint accepts same-day cash payments at MoneyGram locations with a $9.99 service fee. Please remember to include your loan number and code 7302 on your payment form. A $9.50 fee applies at Walmart locations.back to menu ↑
RoundPoint Mortgage Payment FAQs
Can I pay with a credit/debit card?
Sorry, RoundPoint cannot process credit or debit card payments. The payment method is through checking or savings accounts with bank account information for reference.
How do I make a payment if I misplace my billing statement or didn’t get one?
Please don’t delay your payment if you don’t have a statement. All you need to do is write your loan number on your check or money order and mail it to the Payment Processing Center address listed below under RoundPoint Mortgage Customer Service.
Will RoundPoint accept less than the total amount due?
Sorry, RoundPoint usually only accepts payments in the total amount due.
Do I have a grace period?
A grace period depends on the mortgage note. Generally, payments are late if they go unpaid by the due date. Some mortgage notes allow a grace period after the due date before a late charge is applied.
What to do if I forgot my password?
Click on “Forgot Password?” on the RoundPoint Login page. You will need to enter your username and SSN/TIN. After we verify your identity online, you can update your login credentials.
What to do if I forgot my username?
Click on “Forgot Password?” on the RoundPoint Login page. Enter your loan number and SSN/TIN and click Submit. You’ll be able to retrieve your user name.back to menu ↑
RoundPoint Mortgage Customer Service
Customer Service Phone Number: (877) 426-8805 (Operating Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m., Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. ET.)
Contact Form: https://www.roundpointmortgage.com/contact-form
Payment Help: https://www.roundpointmortgage.com/payments/paymenthelp
To provide RoundPoint with a Notice of Error:
RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing Corporation
PO Box 19789
Charlotte, NC 28219-9409
Email Address: [email protected]back to menu ↑
RoundPoint Mortgage Social Media Linksback to menu ↑
How to Avoid Late RoundPoint Mortgage Payments
When you do get approved for a RounPoint mortgage loan, you’ll want to avoid any late payments. Here are a few tips that will help you steer clear of making untimely payments.
Sign Up for RoundPoint Auto-Pay
Your first order of business is to set up an automatic payment option, and you can do this either through your bank or through your lender. You’ll want to go with the most ideal option for you.
Auto-Pay – the Pros
- You can avoid late payments and any resulting late fees. This will, in turn, ensure a healthy credit score.
- You can do your part to protect the environment with paperless billing.
- You won’t have to deal with any expenses relating to postage as you won’t need an envelope or a stamp, and you won’t have to fill out a check since auto-pay is done via electronic funds transfer.
- You will save time since auto-pay is convenient. No more will you have to take the time to sit down, write up a check, write your address and the address of the mortgage lender on the envelope, put on a stamp, and put the envelope in the mail. With auto-pay, you can automate the entire process of paying bills.
Auto-Pay – the Negatives
- You could, if you’re not monitoring the inflows and outflows of money in your bank account, overdraw your account. In order to avoid any problems, just keep track of how much you have in your account at all times.
- You could potentially overlook things like errors, interest rate hikes, or other hidden fees. This can be avoided by simply making it a habit to go over your bill.
- You could fail to stay on top of things such as the amount owing or the amount you’re paying monthly. As has been mentioned, you can steer clear of such problems by checking into your account regularly. This will help you to know when it might be a good idea to make additional payments to reduce the principal quicker.
Sign Up for Alerts and Reminders
Receiving a notification for an upcoming bill payment can make all the difference. You can get this by using an app, by getting your mortgage company to send an alert or reminder by email, or even by using Google calendar. You’ll be able to avoid late payments by doing so.
Set Up a Bill Pay Day
Another option is to purposefully schedule a period of the month when you can commit to making bill payments. When you go this route and have a system in place, you will avoid late payments.back to menu ↑
What to Do if I Made a Late RoundPoint Mortgage Payment
It’s a good idea to avoid a late RounPoint Mortgage payment at all costs, but mistakes sometimes happen. While you don’t want to be too hard on yourself if this happens, you need to consider possible consequences. Case in point: you could see your credit score take a hit if you don’t make payments on schedule. Also keep in mind that a late RounPoint Mortgage payment may remain on your credit report for as many as seven years, which would adversely impact your credit score. What follows is a look at 3 proven strategies you can use to have late mortgage payment information scrubbed from your credit report.
Option #1: Contact RoundPoint Mortgage and Make Request
Reach out to your lender by phone right away, and acknowledge that your payment was submitted past the deadline. It’s important to admit you were in error. Let them know when they can expect payment. They may be willing to delete your late payment data so that your creditworthiness doesn’t suffer.
Option #2: Write Them a Letter
The next option at your disposal is to write a letter, known as a goodwill letter, to RounPoint. In the letter, you’ll want to specifically and respectfully request a removal. Do these 2 things in the letter:
- Demonstrate that you accept that the situation was caused by you.
- Guarantee that there will be no repeat of the delinquent behavior going forward.
What follows is a sample letter template you can use as inspiration:
[Your first and last name] [your address] [your account number]
To Whom It May Concern:
I appreciate your taking the time to read my letter. The reason for this correspondence is that I found on my latest credit report a late payment listed on [date] for my [name of account] account. I’m aware of the importance of making timely payments and meeting my financial commitments. But due to [situation that led to the missed payment], I unintentionally missed the payment due date. Although I missed the deadline, I have since then taken measures to ensure this does not happen again. Specifically, I’ve [explain what has changed that will prevent any additional late payments]. Since my missed payment, I have had a flawless record of making payments on time.
One reason I’m making this request is that my intention is to apply for a [loan, credit card, etc], and I’ve come to understand that the missed payment reflected on my credit report could jeopardize my objective. Given the fact that my single late payment does not adequately reflect my creditworthiness and intention to abide by my financial obligations, I would be grateful if you would make a goodwill adjustment. This would delete my late payment on [date] and enable me to obtain a [loan, credit card, etc.) and to secure a better rate.
I appreciate your considering this matter, and I hope you will grant my request.